Friday, January 26, 2007


Wow - Is that an angel I see?


That's right folks, all my wishes for Europe came true this January when it snowed in London. It went a little like this:
Emma ... drags herself out of bed on a Wednesday morning and stumbles two metres to the shower. Within three seconds Emma peers out the window, which happens to be in the shower, and gasps.
Bolly: "Are you alright?"
Emma: "Is that (pause for dramatic effect) .... snow?"
Bolly quickly jumps out of bed and looks out the window, because he's taller he can see more and quickly confirms the finding: "Yes it is!!"
Emma jumps out of the shower without bothering to wash herself, pulls on lots of layers of clothes, flies down the stairs, switches on the computer to send a quick email to her boss announcing: "I won't be coming in today because IT'S SNOWING and I've never seen snow before. I'll make up for it by working an extra day next week." And then they head into the backyard where Emma bursts into tears (well not really, but her eyes did fill up with tears) as she touches snow for the first time (again, not really, but the only other time she saw it she was two, and so says that doesn't really count). After indulging in a quick snow fight in the backyard, Emma and Bolly head to Alexandra Palace park and wander through the snow for hours, feeding the cold ducks in the pond, making a mini snowman, and making snow angels (actually, just Emma did this because nobody else would ever bother trying to make an angel in 2cm of snow). Most of you reading this will know that my wish for Europe was to see snow just once - and I didn't have high hopes of skiing or anything. I just wanted to tick off three things: A snow angel, a snowman, and a snowball fight. January 24th was the day I did all these things!! Here are some photos to prove it. (I do realise I swap from writing in third person to first person several times in this blog entry, but that's what holiday writing is all about - not having to be correct!) Enjoy the photos. They say it might snow again this week. Fingers crossed. But I might have trouble taking photos of me doing snow angels this time because Bolly is in Oxford and so can't accompany me :(


2 Comments:

Blogger PetStarr said...

Awww you guys are having such a ball it makes me miss you! And it makes me jealous, of course (duh!)

Keep up the good reporting.

x

5:25 PM  
Blogger Spokey Doke said...

hey Bolly, that goose so wants to peck you in the nuts! eh re?

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home